1. The Accel Awards is organised by the Africa Club of the London Business School (“Club”). The London Business School is an exempt charity, governed in accordance with the Royal Charter of the United Kingdom.
2. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in different stage of the award competition forms the Accel Awards Competition Rules
3. The Club reserves the right to cancel or amend the Rules without notice in the event of any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside the Club’s reasonable control.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Club’s judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the competition you must be the citizen of an African county, or have strong links to Africa e.g. residency. The email address you provide with your competition entry will be used to send important notices, so please make sure this is correct.
6. By entering the Competition (you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over.
7. Competition will be regularly notified individually by email, please ensure to regular monitor your email at awards major milestones.
8. Additional eligibility requirements may be required for finalists, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence.
9. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
10. The Club reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. The Club does not claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain all ownership and copyright, although the Club will be able to use Entries for media and publication purposes.
12. Each entrant hereby agrees that the Club (and third parties authorised by the Club) may use any and all Entries in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant the Club (and third parties authorised by the Club) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
13. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, the Club reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
14. The Club cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant as a result of entering the Competition.
Data Protection and Publicity
15. Any personal data relating to entrants will only be used for the administration of the competition not be disclosed to a third party outsider the organising committee.
16. Data relating to entrants will be retained by the Club to assist the Club to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
17. Personal data will not be shared with any marketing or advertising company.
18. Submitted applications are removed from the website after the close of the competition.
Last updated: January 2021